A touching surrogacy birth announcement πŸ¦‹

Submitted to Surrogacy Stories

Reposting this beautiful birth announcement from @absofsteelio, who recently welcomed her son via surrogacy.

Prasad & I are so thrilled to introduce Palmer Pilas Phatak, born at 12:34am on 10/31/21, weighing 7lbs 6oz and 49cm long. Everyone involved in the birth of this sweet Halloween boy is doing well, and he is utterly adored by his mommy & daddy. We cannot wait to bring him home to NYC to meet his loving big brothers who we miss dearly 🐢🐢

Palmer Pilas has a very special name. Palmer, my middle name, was more importantly my Dad’s Mom’s maiden name. Pilas was my beloved Mom’s maiden name. Thus, he has been named after two of the world’s greats. And pictures of Peggy Pilas surrounded us in the delivery room as he made his speedy entrance into the world, & I was wearing her robe and jammies as I welcomed him into my arms.

Welcoming Palmer early Sunday was a moment I’ll never forget. Fear & worry washed away as the nurse put his warm body on my chest. The emotions overcame me and I flooded both of us with tears: tears of incomparable joy because I was finally holding the miracle baby I’ve been waiting for for so long; & tears of unbearable heartbreak because Mommy wasn’t there to witness it. All she wanted was to live long enough to witness this moment & meet my precious boy. And all I wanted was for him to grow up spoiled and worshipped by his most loving Gigi. But I know she was beaming with pride up in heaven, watching me suddenly step into a role she taught me about so well. And I believe wholeheartedly that she gave Daisy & me little boys 3 months apart because she knew we would need them to help us carry on. They are our angels from her up in Heaven.

Thank you to the people who made this happen for us, specifically two beautiful women who have given me the greatest gift & sacrificed a lot to make it happen. You both know who you are - I can’t believe how far we’ve come! πŸ’—πŸ’—

Palmer, I write this as you sleep on my chest, not caring that I haven’t slept in days. All I care about is you, & I love you so much it hurts. You are my miracle - the cutest, snuggliest, yummiest nugget. Thank you for making our dreams come true.

I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be. πŸ’™πŸ‘ΆπŸ»