Actress Katey Sagal discusses first pregnancy resulting in stillbirth

Submitted to Celebrity Spotlight

Katey Sagal shared her experience having a stillbirth in the 8th month of her first pregnancy; a daughter she named Ruby. As reported by AmoMama, Sagal's tragic loss stayed with her for years.

"This is what they say about stillbirth, that 60 percent of it it's God's will, and there's no medical reason – and that's what I was told. And I just couldn't let go of the control of somehow, I had done something wrong."

Sagal disclosed that it took her another year to conceive and revealed she was hesitant to try again because she was so traumatized. She went on to have three more children, two daughters (one via surrogacy), and a son. She gave credit to her late child, saying: "I wouldn't have the three I have if I hadn't had her."

Image: Katey Sagal, winner of the Best Performance In A Television Series - Drama for "Sons of Anarchy" poses for a portrait backstage with son James White, daughter Sarah Grace White and husband writer/director Kurt Sutter at the 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at The Beverly Hilton hotel on January 16, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California | Photo: Getty Images