Elton John celebrates 75th birthday with letter to his sons πŸŽ‰ 🌈

Submitted to Celebrity Spotlight

Elton John and David Furnish are parents through surrogacy, with both sons born via the same surrogate. As John told PEOPLE in 2013, "she is a wonderful, kind and loving woman, and part of our family."

John recently celebrated his 75th birthday, and shared a heartfelt, poignant letter to sons Elijah and Zachary in TIME.

I have had an incredibly fortunate 75 years....But know this: the most rewarding journey in my life has been the one I began 12 years ago with your Papa, when we decided to start a family.

Zachary and Elijah, you two are the greatest gifts I have ever been given. You have filled my heart with love and my life with purpose and meaning in ways I didn’t think were possible. You are my proudest achievements, and I love you both so, so much.

John recently posted this photo of his family and Lady Gaga at the Elton John Aids Foundation Oscars viewing party.

So sad to be missing out on these family photos from #EJAFOscars tonight with @DavidFurnish@LadyGaga and the boys but I’m sending my love to everyone for their support of @EJAF. It means the world to us!