"Twinblings" a Cause for Joy ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿผ

Submitted to Surrogacy Stories

Hilaria and Alec Baldwin aren't the only family with "twinblings" - meet Lara Beth Levy, who found out she was pregnant at the same time a surrogate was carrying her biological daughter!

In November, Levy and her husband Fritz welcomed Cora (now 3 months), and they're expecting baby number two later this month.

In a New York post interview, Levy states that the babies "will be roughly 15 weeks apart. It's still very hard to believe. It's crazy - I'm excited and nervous, but so grateful." 

After trying to conceive for three years using IVF, and having a prophylactic double mastectomy early in 2020 (due to being a gene carrier for the BRCA1 gene mutation), Levy could never have imagined that she'd have a baby on her own.  Levy and her husband worked through ConceiveAbilities with surrogate Celeste Remediz and had a successful embryo transfer in March 2020. 

"I would've never assumed we would get this lucky," said Levy, when asked about the successful embryo transfer, followed shortly after with her own pregnancy. 

Her husband is taking the news in stride. "He said, 'This is amazing, we'll make it work," she recounts. Levy herself worked through her fears of losing the baby based on a history of past miscarriages and is now full of anticipation of baby number 2.

Levy is enjoying Cora's newborn phase while awaiting the birth of a little sister later this month. "We went from thinking we might not have biological children to now having two. It's going to be a really loud house for quite some time, and that's okay with us. I think of it as a beautiful story." 

We think it's a beautiful story too! Congratulations to the Levy and Baldwin families ๐ŸŽ‰